Last updated May 21, 2018
What type of information may be collected:
The personal information I might collect includes your first and last name, address, email address, IP address, and information regarding your request (such as your newsletter subscription or product purchase). I use Google Analytics, which attempts to collect non-personal information such as browser type (Firefox, Chrome, etc.), browser version, and pages viewed. If you purchase a product from me, your card information is not accessed or held by me, as the payment is collected by my third party payment processor (Paypal), who specializes in the secure online capture and processing of credit/debit card transactions.
How this information is used:
I don’t use your information for purposes other than you intend. For example, leaving a comment on my website will not automatically subscribe you to my newsletter or marketing information. I only use your personal information to do one of the following:
· Customize your experience
· Display your comments on a site page or post
· Correspond with you, as requested by you
· Process orders you’ve submitted
· If you have signed up for my newsletter, your information is used to update you on book news, new releases, sales information, and other relevant information
· Deal with requests for special consideration (contest giveaways, ARC fulfillment, review copies, editing feedback, etc.)
· Send you requested product or service information
· Administer special promotions and giveaways you enter and notify you of the results
· Personalize your experience and deliver the information in which you’ve expressed interest
· Follow up after requested communications to provide extra information or to ask for assistance
· Improve the functionality and/or engagement of the site
· Maintain internal records
How your data is kept secure:
I am committed to protecting your personal information. The information I receive is used only to improve your experience with me and to interact with you in ways you request. In other words, your information will only be used as you intend. I will never sell or trade your information to a third party, nor will I share or disclose your personal data unless I’m required by law to do so.
All of your personal data is contained behind a secure network. While no online data can be guaranteed 100% secure, I take into account the sensitivity of the personal information I collect and strive to safeguard it as I process and store it. In the event that a breach occurs, every effort will be made to notify you via email within seven business days.
A cookie is a small amount of information sent to your computer to allow my website to recognize you when you visit. It does not identify you as an individual but helps improve my website and deliver a more personal experience.
Cookies may be used to:
· Identify any new comments on a post since the last time you visited the page
· Pre-fill in your information in a comment form if you’ve left a comment before
· Keep products in your cart while you continue browsing my site
My website contains links to sites run by other organizations that have separate and independent privacy policies. This policy applies only to my website. I encourage you to carefully read the privacy statements on the other websites you visit. I cannot be responsible or liable for the privacy policies and practices of other sites, even if you access the sites using links from my website. Nonetheless, I seek to protect the integrity of my site and welcome any feedback about these sites.
Choice / Opt Out:
At any time, you may obtain a summary of the personal data on record with me (if any), which would have been collected via this website or by subscription to my mailing list. You may also contact me to request a change or correction to your personal information, ask me to delete your personal data, or express any concerns you have regarding the use of your information.